The Aleksander Zelwerowicz National Academy of Dramatic Art in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as: Theatre Academy) undertakes to ensure the accessibility of its website in accordance with the Act of 4 April 2019 on the digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities.
The accessibility statement applies to the website of the Aleksander Zelwerowicz National Academy of Dramatic Art in Warsaw: website Academy Warsaw.
Website publication date: 28 February 2001
Date of last significant update: 28 January 2021
The website is partially compliant with the Act of 4 April 2019 on the digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities due to the inconsistencies or exclusions listed below:
- the page does not have links for audio programs that allow you to skip menu areas,
- the page does not have an area marker for the main content,
- some links on the website do not have information about their purpose in their name,
- some links are empty,
- some graphic links do not have the Alt attribute completed,
- some page elements do not meet the minimum requirements for contrast,
- some photos and graphics do not contain alternative titles and descriptions,
- some video materials do not contain subtitles for people with hearing disabilities,
- some video materials do not contain audio descriptions,
- the subpages lack the appropriate structure of the articles,
- no labels are used, or they are not described,
- some of the documents on the website, published in .pdf format, are not digitally available.
- most films were published before the Digital Accessibility Act came into force.
The Theatre Academy plans to gradually introduce the website’s availability and fully adapt it by the end of 2021. The delay in availability is influenced by the significant amount of content on the website.
The statement was prepared on: 4 December 2020
The declaration was updated on: 31 March 2023
The declaration regarding the accessibility of the Theatre Academy website was prepared on the basis of a self-assessment conducted by the Academy’s employees.
No special keyboard shortcuts are used on the Theatre Academy website.
FEEDBACK AND CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any problems with website accessibility, please contact us. The contact person is Anna Lach – accessibility coordinator. You can contact the accessibility coordinator on working days from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. as follows:
- by telephone: +48 789 248 379
- by e-mail: dostepnosc[at]e-at.edu.pl
- by correspondence: Accessibility Coordinator, Aleksander Zelwerowicz Theatre Academy in Warsaw, ul. Miodowa 22/24, 00-246 Warszawa.
People with communication difficulties can contact the accessibility coordinator via:
- MS Teams application (in this case, please contact us in advance to arrange a meeting).
Everyone has the right to request digital accessibility of a website or any of its elements. You can also request that information be made available using an alternative access method, for example, by reading a digitally inaccessible document, describing the content of a film without audio description, etc. The request should include the details of the person making the request, an indication of what material from the website is in question and the method of contact. If the requesting person reports the need to receive information using an alternative access method, he or she should also determine the method of presenting this information that is convenient for him or her. The Theatre Academy undertakes to fulfil the request immediately, no later than within 7 days from the date of the request. If it is impossible to meet this deadline, the Theatre Academy will immediately inform the person requesting when it is possible to fulfil the request (this deadline cannot be longer than 2 months from the date of the request). If ensuring digital accessibility is impossible, the Theatre Academy will propose an alternative way of accessing the information. If the Theatre Academy refuses to comply with a request to ensure accessibility or an alternative method of access to information, the person making the request may file a complaint regarding the digital accessibility of the website or its element. After exhausting the procedure indicated above, you can also submit an application to the Ombudsman: Ombudsman’s website.
At the Academy’s headquarters in Warsaw and Białystok, there are employees with Polish Sign Language knowledge at the B1 level. They can help you contact the institution and handle basic matters. To arrange an interview with them, you can:
- write an e-mail: [in Warsaw: biuro.kanclerza[at]e-at.edu.pl] [in Białystok: dostepnosc[at]e-at.edu.pl],
- send an SMS/video message to the number: +48 789 248 379.
We do not guarantee that we will understand everything, but we will try to help.
Currently, there is no possibility of using a professional sign interpreter on-site at the Academy’s headquarters. If such a need is reported, the Theatre Academy will ensure such availability no later than three business days after accepting the request.
Below, you will find information about the architectural accessibility of the Theatre Academy buildings: